Thursday, June 26, 2014

Boob Toob Supplemental: Hooked on a feeling edition!

Fron deviantART member BloodySamoan

Star Wars trailer... Guardians of the Galaxy Style!

Here's a fan edited trailer for the original Star Wars using the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer music. Pretty neat, don't'cha think? I'm soooooo excited for both movies. I hope GotG is great and I hope Luke kicks some ass. Screw that Han Solo and his stupid broken leg!




The Legend of Korra: Book 3 trailer

The best animated series in recent memory is about to return for a 3rd season. CAN. NOT. WAIT!




Incredibox v3

Something different! This one isn't a video (but it can be ‘viewed’ on a computer so it still counts as a Boob Toob), more of an interactive audio experience (and some video if you can unlock the bonus content). Pretty funky, try it out! There’s a v1 and v2 as well with different tunes.

www.incredibox.com/v3


Big Hero 6 trailer

Fun trailer on an upcoming animated movie by Disney which is based on an old Marvel book. Not super old but this was when they were doing the Marvel Manga stuff. The concept may be different, I remember the book featuring 6 heroes. Or at least it seemed that way based on the covers. Maybe this is the Disneyfied version. I love that white blob dude.




Real life version of Kirito's Elucidator from Sword Art Online

Nice work by the guys at Man At Arms for not only creating an awesome real life replica of Kirito's blade from the anime Sword Art Online, but also for this cool ass 'making of' video. Check out their other videos white you're at it, I think I saw Link's sword in there.




Hentai Kamen

Sent in by Billy (a.k.a. Aqualec) although I'm not sure why, it's not like I'm into this weird crap. Nope, not at all...




Ikaruga review

Here's an old one for ya. Greg Kasavin at Gamespot gives a good video review for what is possibly the best shooter ever. Ikaruga was originally released on the Sega Dreamcast and eventually on the Nintendo Gamecube (I owned that one). I just saw it for sale on Steam which prompted me to look up some videos for it. I might have to get it again!

I’ll let the video below explain the game mechanics but for me, the main draw was that it didn't require you to simply avoid enemy fire. If you turn your ship white, you can absorb the white enemy fire and use it to power you up. Same deal with black enemy fire, just turn yourself black. So it’s a totally different play style than, say, Gradius (which I also adore). There’s a ton of depth to this game, most of which you’ll probably only realise once you’ve played it a few times.



The easy mode is challenging but doable. This game can be absolutely brutal though when going up the difficulty levels. You might get to a point where you can finish the levels in the higher difficulties but what’s your score like? Can you chain combos together (hitting 3 enemies of the same colour) or do you just barely make it out alive?

And even if you’re that damn good, are you good enough to handle two ships at once like this bad ass below? He’s getting a crazy amount of combos too. What a legend!



If you like shooters, I can't recommend Ikaruga highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment