Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boob Toob Supplemental


What’s up boobers and toobers! This is Dan, here with some things that I meant to discuss on the show but didn't end up doing so for one reason or another. I also find myself forgetting a lot of things as soon as Bobgar hits ‘record’ so I may use this space for things that I remember after we’re done recording.

For now, I’m calling it Boob Toob Supplemental mainly because I can’t think of anything better. Maybe Bob can change it if he has something better in mind. Or maybe YOU can suggest a better title.

Anyway, enough babbling from me. Here’s... umm... some more babbling from me! (I really should’ve thought that through.)


Disassembled

This is an animated short by Junaid Chundrigar and was apparently done in collaboration with Marvel. Other credits include Joris Hermy (music), Erik Griekspoor (sound design) and Thijs Viegers (Hulk explosion).

Minus the intro by Stan Lee, it’s only 2 mins long so it’s short and sweet. The animation style is funny and whacky and it shows various Marvel characters having a bad day. Venom eating the ice cream is my fave. The Snakes on the Plane bit was also nice. And Johnny Storm looks messed up!

I like it a lot and I feel like this would’ve been great as a bonus feature in the Avengers DVD/bluray.

Tangent: The Avengers movie was GREAT! Next time you see Bob, tell him to watch it so we can talk about it on the show :)





DyE - Fantasy

This is an animated music video and I don’t want to say too much about it because I don’t want to influence people one way or another. All I’ll say is that it shook me and left me wanting more. The description is below but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Mindblowing stuff, all the way to the end.

"Tigersushi and Excuse My French are pleased to present the new video for DyE's new single, Fantasy. Directed by animation wunderkind Jérémie Périn, the video tells the story of a group of highschool kids ready for teenage mischief. They break into the local swimming pool intending a session of innocent nightswimming, in an awkward climate of romance and apprehension. What happens next is for you to discover here. nsfw."

Directed by Jérémie Périn
Written by Laurent Sarfati & Jérémie Périn



Baby Got Back sung by 295 movies

Some awesome individual spliced together clips from 295 movies to sing Sir Mix-a-Lot’s Baby Got Back. It has movies in it so that sort of counts ;) After seeing it, my thought was “I’m happy that this guy was born so he could do this.” Check it out!




Tom Cruise Running Montage

A bit of an addendum (think of it as homework) for episode 6 of The Boob Toob. I swear this guy has a clause in his contract saying that every movie he does has to have a running scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment